Hey bloggers! It’s Sunday, July 13, 2014 and I’m late for the weekly meme ‘Celebrate the Small Things’ brought to us by Viklit at Scribblings of an Aspiring Author. I had half the post set, not realizing that so much was going to happen during the week. After ten months seizure free, I suffered a seizure in Connecticut on the 5th. It was a partial and although I knew what was going on around me, I couldn’t respond to the chaos and panic surrounding me. EMS and Paramedics arrived and recommended that I go to the ER for evaluation since my heart rate was close to 150. I did, although I didn’t allow them to admit me because I advised the doctor that I had my neuro appointment in three days time and would discuss everything with her then. In short, I wound up going back to Pennsylvania for a few days and didn’t make it back in time to realize that I had pre-set the publishing date and time for this post. That’s why you only got half a post. I apologize. My bad.
Sign up by clicking on the image to your left, and hop around and celebrate with others.
After posting the things you have to celebrate, please don’t forget to visit and thank Viklit’s awesome and amazing co-hosts for the wonderful job they do:
LG Keltner @ Writing Off the Edge
Katie @ TheCyborg Mom
CaffeMaggieato @ mscoffeehouse
Even though I had a rough week medically, which I will outline in another post, let me tell you what I had to celebrate this past week.
- My Compai Jose took me to The Bronx yesterday to take our friend Leon to see his family, but also had a surprise for me too. He took me to my Comai Julie’s house, where my daughter Mandy, my niece Juliette, and my godson Gabriel were waiting to surprise me. Oh Happy Day!!! Talk about a thrill.
- We enjoyed White Castle murder burgers which I haven’t had in YEARS!
- Julie surprised me by making me her famous DELICIOUS Coquito (with alcohol), that I enjoyed, in moderation of course. 🙂
- My niece Juliette did my hair and makeup so I could feel like a million bucks…which I did. 😀
- Although I’m back to square one with my driving practice, my neurologist said all my scans came back great. She believes my seizure was probably provoked by the fact that I was in a dark room with my computer on and the fams was watching a movie (flickering lights). I should’ve known better; this was my fault. Live and learn. Planning on never having another seizure again.
What have you celebrated this week?