Hey bloggers! I’m so sorry I missed last week’s posting, but it’s been hectic for me, to say the least. There’s been too much going on, but at least for this week, I’m actually posting for Friday! 🙂 It’s time for the weekly meme ‘Celebrate the Small Things’ brought to us by the wonderful Viklit at Scribblings of an Aspiring Author.
Sign up by clicking on the image posted to your left, and hop around and celebrate with others.
After posting the things you have to celebrate, please don’t forget to visit and thank Viklit’s awesome and amazing co-hosts for the wonderful job they do:
LG Keltner @ Writing Off the Edge
Katie @ TheCyborg Mom
CaffeMaggieato @ mscoffeehouse
Even though I’ve had a rough couple of weeks, I have found a few things to celebrate over the past two weeks…
- I’ve moved up from Advocate to Activist for AHA and ASA’s You’re the Cure Organization. Even though I can’t drive yet, doesn’t mean I can’t make a difference! Proof positive was given to me by You’re the Cure Organization. 🙂
- I finally got to see my daughter’s godfather for the first time since her wedding in 2009 and am spending a couple of desperately needed weeks in Connecticut with him and family going over old times and clearing my head.
- I’m also going to see his cousin Tony tonight, who visited me at the hospital when I had my bleed, and spend more time reminiscing about the good old days. I’ll also get to meet two of his kids for the first time, who happen to be adults now!
- Another friend we grew up with (and who I haven’t seen in over thirty-two years) Leon is here as well, and we’re reminiscing about way, way, WAY back.
- I got my hair cut, colored, styled, with my second mom, who I haven’t seen in YEARS. I missed her so much, I cried when I saw her. There’s no family like old school family.
- I also treated myself to a manicure with wraps. I haven’t done anything special for myself in so long; I was way overdue.
- Sophie, my Lhasa Apso, is becoming more social with other canine ‘babies’. 🙂
- I’m still here to post about celebrating the little things.
What did you all celebrate this past TWO weeks? I need to catch up…